Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Association (MWCEA) is an organization whose stated purpose is to promote, encourage and foster the advancement of education in the field of Mississippi workers’ compensation law through the dissemination of knowledge by publications, seminars, lectures and other means. Its focus is on reaching all of the participants in the workers’ compensation community, which includes the following:
- Third Party Administrators
- Legal Assistants
- Claims Professionals
- Safety Professionals
- Nurse Case Managers
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors
- Medical Professionals
- Other Vendors providing services within the Community.
MWCEA pursues its goals through a variety of programs and services. Presently included among the activities of MWCEA are the following:
- An annual 3 day Conference in which the entire Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Community is invited to participate
- Continuing Legal Education seminars focused on the legal community
- The publication of a Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Adjuster’s Guide
- The publication of a brochure providing basic facts about the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation law to injured workers in both English and Spanish
- Providing Question and Answer resources to the workers’ compensation community via video on its website
- Recognizing the leaders within the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Community through its annual Kenneth G. Perry Professionalism Award and Sam Cox Spirit Award
- Facilitating and implementing the establishment of a Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Hall of Fame.
MWCEA encourages the sharing of ideas among those who participate in the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation community. The organization’s goal is to find ways to improve the delivery of appropriate benefits to injured workers while maintaining the integrity of the system, through appropriate educational tools and interaction within the community as a whole, .